Saturday, November 9, 2013

Welcome!!

Hi friends:

I am so happy to start this new journey of blogging in the infinite world of world wide web.  As some of you might have already learned when you clicked on the About Me section on the right hand side, I am the director at the Chinese American Cultural Bridge Center where we take performance tours to China.  I get to spend wonderful summers and spring break with AMAZING and TALENTED student performance groups (choir, band, orchestra) in China, watching them performing and sharing their talents with the Chinese people.  There is no words to describe the amazing experience of watching a band playing on the great wall, and seeing in each of their faces the proud accomplishment they have achieved before they have turned 18.  I am pretty sure some of their parents have never traveled this far to China, and even if they had I bet they never played an instrument on the Great Wall of China.  That is AMAZING!

This blog is for me to share my passion of creating a once in a life time trip for those performance groups, and also to share about the destination these performers will be going to - China.  I will talk about the culture, religion, and even some travel bits.  I will also add in a little about myself, since I am Chinese and have family living in China.

I also have a e-newsletter I write for the CACBC, which comes out once every two month.  If you like to check it out go to http://cacbc.org/Educational_Tours/newsletter.html

Jennifer Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment